https://canadabeef.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Muffletta.jpg 1500 1500 Joyce https://www.canadabeef.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/the-best-in-canada-beef-ribbon.png Joyce2018-05-17 12:10:102018-05-17 12:30:41Our Staff Top Burger Picks (and Toppers)
We’re always on the look out for the next new burger flavour. Here are some of our new ideas that we hope you find inspiring:
5 TERRIFIC TOPPERS
- Anna Olson’s Harissa Mayo: In a small bowl combine ½ cup mayonnaise, a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and 2 tsp dried harissa blend, or fresh harissa paste.
- Saigon Carrot Slaw: Heat 1/4 cup (50 mL) rice vinegar to boiling; pour over 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded carrot. Stir in 1/2 tsp (2 mL) granulated sugar and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot chili pepper flakes; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain, reserving carrot; use immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Stir in some chopped fresh coriander just before serving if desired.
- Sage Onion Compote: In heavy saucepan, heat 2 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp vegetable oil over medium heat. Add 3 cups sliced red onion; cook, stirring often for 10 to 12 minutes or until onion just starts to brown. Stir in 1/4 cup toasted coarsely chopped almonds, 1 tbsp EACH brown sugar, balsamic vinegar and chopped fresh sage; heat through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chimichurri Salsa: In a food processor, combine 3 cups lightly packed fresh parsley leaves (approx 1 bunch), 2 cloves garlic, ¼ tsp hot pepper sauce, ⅛ tsp salt, pinch of freshly ground black pepper. With motor running, gradually blend in ¼ cup olive oil and a tablespoon of lemon juice until mixture resembles pesto. Stir in 1 large plum tomato, diced and 2 tsp chopped fresh cilantro (if desired).
- Pineapple Pepper Salsa: Combine 2 cup small pineapple chunks, 1 sweet red pepper, chopped, ½ cup minced red onion, 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced, 2 tbsp EACH lime juice, olive oil and minced fresh cilantro and ¼ tsp EACH salt and pepper.