Everybody’s favourite –with ramen! Ready in 30 minutes, this is a classic dish the whole family will enjoy.
1. Sauce: Whisk together ⅔ cup (150 mL) water and cornstarch in a small bowl. Whisk in hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sherry, sugar, sesame oil and pepper; set aside.
2. Stir-fry: Slice steaks across the grain into 1-inch (2.5 cm) wide stir-fry strips. Place in a bowl with 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the Sauce; toss to coat and set aside.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a bowl. Add broccoli, return to boil and cook for 1 minute. Add ramen noodles and cook for 20 seconds. Remove from heat and separate the noodles with a chopstick or spoon. Drain and set aside.
4. Heat 1 tsp (5 mL) of the oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet; add half of the beef and cook for about 1 minute per side, until browned. Transfer to plate. Repeat with 1 tsp (5 mL) oil and remaining beef.
5. Set aside ¼ cup (60 mL) of green portion of green onions for garnish. Return skillet to medium-high heat and add remaining 1 tsp (5 mL) oil; add remaining green onions and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add garlic, ginger, broccoli, noodles and half of the remaining Sauce; stir-fry for 1 minute.
6. Return beef and any accumulated juices to pan along with remaining Sauce; stir-fry for about 1 minute or until heated through and sauce is slightly thickened. Serve garnished with reserved green onions.
Any type of instant ramen or noodle soup will work here, just remember to discard the flavour packet that comes with the noodles.