1. Combine bread crumbs and milk in large bowl. Stir in onion, celery, parsley, green pepper, thyme, rosemary, garlic, egg, ketchup, Worcerstershire, salt and pepper; mix well.
2. Add beef; mix lightly. Transfer to 9 x 5-inch (2 L) loaf pan.
3. Insert meat thermometer into centre of loaf, avoiding touching bottom of the pan. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 1 hour or until meat thermometer reads 160°F (71°C); drain off fat. Let stand for 10 minutes; cut into thick slices.
• Excerpted from: Lighthearted at Home. Copyright (c) 2010 by Anne Lindsay & Associates Ltd. Excerpted with permission of the publisher John Wiley & Sons Canada, Ltd.
• Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate uncooked meat loaf for up to 3 hours in advance.
We take your interest in our newsletter as a compliment and respect your right to privacy. We will not share or distribute your personal information and you can opt out anytime. We hope you enjoy our newsletter, thank you for Joining Us! ~Canada Beef