You know you’ve made it when you’re a song title! Who doesn’t love a great cheeseburger? Share your cheeseburger love – I’ll show you mine if you show me yours…offer open!
Cheeseburgers can be as simple as finishing off with a Kraft Singles or go gourmet with crumbled blue cheese. Put the cheese on top OR build it right into the burger itself — as a flavour throughout or a gooey cheese pocket on the inside. Whatever route you take, cheeseburgers mean YUM! Here’s some of the favourite Cheeseburger sightings I’ve gotta share — don’t be shy – go post a picture of your Cheeseburger Moment on your Facebook page and share the link back to us.
Here are some of our Cheeseburgers in Paradise:
The Inside Out Cheeseburger from our friends at Kraft Kitchens — get the recipe by downloading The Roundup app from Google Play or the App Store — we’ve got a Kraft/Canadian Beef Summer Sizzl’n Recipe Collection in The Roundup!
Try out our new Bacon Infused Cheeseburger with Market-fresh Salsa – click here for the recipe. This recipe is just one of our Market-fresh Recipe Collection as featured in The Roundup app. Click here to learn all about The Roundup – what’s in it and how to get it — it’s FREE.
Another one of our fave’s – the So-trendy Beef Burger — with crumbled goat cheese:
And when is a cheeseburger not a cheeseburger? When it’s small enough to be a meatball! Think of these Bocconcini-stuffed Meatballs as cheeseburgers gone Barbie-size. From our friends at Dairy Farmers of Canada — look for this recipe and others as part of the in-store food demonstration series at the larger Walmart store locations across Canada this summer.
- 18 mini-‐Bocconcini (around 1 lb – 450 g)
- 1 lb (450 g) lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Cajun spices
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup (60 mL) applesauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lime zest
- Drain Bocconcini and place on a plate lined with paper towels to dry. Preheat oven to 475°F (250°C).
- In a bowl, mix meat with egg, breadcrumbs, spices, salt and pepper.
- Make a small patty with some of the meat mixture, place a Bocconcini in the centre and close meat around the cheese to cover well. Cheese must be completely covered. Roll meatball between your hands to seal cheese in and make meatball round. Repeat for remaining Bocconcini.
- Place meatballs on a parchment-‐lined baking sheet and cook in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix barbecue sauce, applesauce and lime zest. Serve sauce hot or cold with meatballs.